We take purpose-led recruits and build them into victory-driven Marines—transforming the most willing into the most capable.
- Must be at least 17 years old at time of enlistment
- Must not have reached 29th birthday upon start of recruit training
- Must provide proof of legal residency
- Must pass a physical examination
- Must have a high school diploma
- Must attend and graduate recruit training at Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island or Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego
TERMS OF ENLISTMENT CONTRACT OPTIONS
- 4 years active status, 4 years inactive
- 5 years active status, 3 years inactive
- 6 years active status, 2 years inactive
To learn more about contract options, contact a Marine Recruiter.
Becoming an Enlisted Marine requires the ability to meet the highest standards of moral, mental and physical strength. It also requires completing an aptitude test, passing an initial fitness test and meeting certain eligibility requirements. Though your recruiter can tell you if you’re eligible to be a Marine, only 13 demanding weeks of recruit training can determine if you’re capable of becoming one. Before you start down this path, contact a Marine Recruiter to explore your options, find out what’s required and learn how to prepare for the immense challenges ahead.
TALKING TO A RECRUITER
There’s no one better than a Marine Recruiter to determine if the Corps is right for you—and if you are right for the Corps.